Corporate Social Responsibility
At Fifosys, Corporate social responsibility (CSR) means embedding responsible and ethical principles in everything we do. Through our commitment to CSR, we seek to align our activities with the expectations of our employees, clients, suppliers and all other stakeholders and be aware of our economic, social and environmental impacts.
The role of Corporate Social Responsibility in our business environment
CSR-focused businesses proactively promote the public interest by encouraging community growth and development, voluntarily eliminating practices that could have a negative impact on the public sphere. CSR represents the deliberate inclusion of public interest into corporate decision-making and strategy and helps companies focus on people and the planet as well as profit and growth.
As part of our CSR policy, in addition to meeting all relevant legal and regulatory requirements, we have defined standards for:
- Employee engagement, aiming to be an employer of choice through supporting and encouraging the personal and professional development of all our employees
- Environmental awareness and managing our environmental impacts throughout our operations, reducing waste and saving energy and water wherever possible and encouraging all staff to develop a sustainable approach to their work
- Business integrity and ethical supplier management, confirming that we conduct all business activities and relationships with honesty and integrity
- Sustainable, ethical, fair and socially responsible procurement
- Community involvement, supporting local communities where we operate
- Charitable support and sponsorship.
We believe our CSR policy is important in helping to motivate our employees by increasing their sense of pride in their place of work and their satisfaction that we as an employer are contributing to social, environmental, community and charitable activities. This approach also supports our growth and development plans by demonstrating to clients, staff and suppliers that Fifosys is a socially responsible employer with a genuine concern for the environment and the communities in which we operate.
Protection of the environment in which we live and operate is an important part of our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility values and principles. At Fifosys, we take full account of environmental issues in the technical and professional services we provide and we endeavour to reduce our environmental impact wherever practicable.
The principles underpinning our environmental awareness policies
In all our operations and client support activities we emphasise a commitment to responsible environmental management and take practical steps to reduce our operational impacts and conserve resources as follows:
- Complying with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and approved codes of practice
- Protecting the environment by striving to prevent and minimise our contribution to pollution of land, air, and water
- Seeking to keep wastage to a minimum
- Maximising the efficient use of materials, resources and utilities including water and power; making sure lights and equipment are switched off when not required
- Managing and disposing of all waste in a responsible manner; recycling waste and shredding business documentation wherever feasible
- Providing training for our staff so that we all work in accordance with this policy
- statement and within an environmentally-aware cultureRegularly communicating our environmental performance to our employees and other significant stakeholders
- Developing our management processes to ensure that environmental factors are considered during planning and implementation.
- Maximising virtual communication facilities including tele/video-conferencing – and helping our clients do the same
- Using vehicles that are regularly serviced and checked with regards to their emission levels and fuel economy
- Sourcing and buying locally wherever possible
- Selecting and working with like-minded suppliers who take steps to minimise their environmental impact.