Get Living London
Fifosys were engaged to deliver all technology projects for Get Living London between 2012 and 2016
In late 2012, following a competitive tender process, the Olympic Delivery Authority (ODA) signed contracts with Delancey and Qatari Diar – a joint partnership known collectively as Qatari Diar Delancey (QDD) – for the purchase and long-term management of the Athletes’ Village upon completion of the London Games, in a deal worth £557 million.
Delivering on the promise of a successful long-term Olympic legacy, and helping regenerate one of the poorest parts of the UK, was always going to be a major challenge. As a result, transforming the Athletes’ Village into London’s first ‘legacy neighbourhood’ has been a highly visible as well as a highly complex project, with challenging deadlines, multiple stakeholders and intense political scrutiny and financial pressures. Technology too has a major part to play, with sophisticated and innovative IT and telecommunications solutions as critical success factors in achieving the vision of this leading-edge development.
I have never encountered an IT provider that has demonstrated such a commercial focus for and on behalf of a client. Right from the start of the relationship they showed a real drive to explore how IT could be leveraged to generate revenues and they’ve pushed that commercial focus right through the organisation. This commercial acumen has been a real value-add.Anandh Owen, COO, Delancey
In January 2013, Get Living London, a residential letting business created by QDD, selected Fifosys as its IT partner, initially to set up the Management Office (MO) for the letting operations and to support them through implementation and roll-out. They quickly realised that the scale of East Village meant that the IT requirements were far greater.
Designing, implementing and maintaining a complex IT infrastructure that integrates the needs of these multiple diverse stakeholders – and satisfies all the major political, economic, social and community imperatives – presented major challenges. The additional requirement for an innovative offering to drive efficiencies and improve the residents’ experience created further pressures.
“Innovation goes way beyond technology,” says Anandh Owen, Delancey COO. “Fifosys has introduced innovative ways of working that have helped improve processes, drive efficiencies and, impressively, improve our commercial offering.”
From a technology perspective, Fifosys has also developed systems that have significantly enhanced the residents’ offer. Central to this proposition is providing residents with a unique portal to manage direct interaction with the landlord and deliver services that improve the residents’ experience.
As Olympic legacies go, this one is pretty impressive. In fact it’s a gold standard.
Fifosys has really delivered ROI on our IT investment – and that’s one reason why I would not describe Fifosys as a consultancy, or even as an IT partner. They have been a true business partner. Throughout the process they have worked hard to get under the skin of our organisation, to understand our goals and to work with us to deliver them. They’ve engaged with every aspect of our business – as well as managing some complex and challenging relationships with third party suppliers and stakeholders. And they have continually delivered on their promises.Anandh Owen, COO, Delancey
Services for this client
- Fully-integrated Management Information System, combining portals, Qube, Aspasia and a host of third party systems
- Integration with Qube, Get Living London’s primary property management software system to manage the tenancy journey. This encompasses lettings management, financial management, contract management, property management and maintenance management
- Interoperability with Get Living London’s stand-alone third party sub-systems; Key Tracker – Key management; Cascade – HR management; HSBC – banking; WorldPay/Sage Pay – payment gateway.
- Interoperability with all Get Living London’s third party integrated sub-systems; Docusign – online signage; Inventory Base – inventory management; Referencing My Tenant – tenant referencing; Vicinitee – maintenance management.
- Integration with Aspasia; – Get Living London’s property marketing and management system to manage prospects through the application process
- The Residents’ Offer; including in-flat broadband, public and private Wi-Fi, the residents’ portal, satellite TV/telecoms,
- My East Village Portal; interaction with neighbouring borough activities, retail operations, on-site facilities, and community events
- ICT; CCTV, networking, security and entry systems, car parking
- The Fifosys Cloud; hosted applications and file server, back-up, hosted email and file-sharing system
- Connectivity with Broadgate Estates’ core MIS; to manage general maintenance and engineering works
- ICT consultancy, helpdesk and support